PVC Single-Ply membranes are strong, flexible sheets composed predominately of synthetic polymer. Thickness is in the range 1.1mm to 2mm. Some products are homogeneous, others reinforced with glass fibre or polyester, depending upon the application. They are sealed at joints to form continuous waterproofing. When combined with insulation and continuous support they form complete, durable roof systems. Single-ply technology offers maximum freedom of choice in roof design, performance and appearance to suit new construction and refurbishment.
Membranes are independently certificated for durability in excess of 30 years. There are mainland European working examples in excess of 40 years, in the UK earliest projects will soon be this old.
All single-ply membranes offered by Modern Roofing are resistant to weathering, chemical oxidation and UV radiation. They require no additional surface protection unless for access. Careful formulation ensures that physical properties are retained over climate typical of the UK.
The application of polymer technology to roofing has unique advantages for the customer...
- Rapid construction allowing early interior fit-out.
- Low capital cost and cost-in-use.
- Safe, construction using hot-air welding, adhesives and fasteners.
- High thermal performance using lightweight, thermally efficient rigid insulation.
- Cold bridging eliminated by use of thermal break fasteners.
- Effective control of air leakage to meet new energy efficiency regulations.
- Minimum roof zone depth to maximise design freedom.
- Easy repair, modification and refurbishment.
- Simple detailing to suit all situations.
- Interfaces to other construction elements.
- Various colour options with matching profiles for eaves, verges and Parapets.